Thursday, July 2, 2009

PCU Stay

Thursday, July 2nd I slept over at the hospital in Isaiah's room. I was responsible for his care overnight. Kind of like I did before I took him home from the NICU. I've had to give his meds several times and will I had to change his feeding pump so that I would know how to do it. Not quite fun in the middle of the night but I do what I have to do. The next morning, the Dr came in and told me Isi was ready to go home that day. I was a little shocked but very happy. It's been 1 week a couple Dr. visits and private duty nursing and things are going well. We're so happy he's home but sleep has not been on my side. I have probably had about 16 hrs sleep total since last Friday, but that comes with the territory. I may have the nurse stay overnight at least 1 day a week so I can have at least one good night's sleep. We'll see.

Just wanted to update you all on our family. More posts to come. I'm gonna try to keep up but not going to guarantee anything as I'm have very limited time to do anything for myself.

Love you all!
-Team Piggott

1 comment:

Skip, Stephanie, Emerald, Calvin, and Zachary said...

I am happy to hear he is home. I feel so bad that you aren't sleeping. Take advantage of the nurse. Best wishes!!

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts