A side note to Isaiah's G-tube surgery. Shortly into the surgery, Dr. Snyder came out to tell us they found something unexpected. It was a diaphragmatic hernia. Specifically a Morgagni Hernia. The Dr. didn't tell us much about it so I did my own research. To the computer I went. It didn't take long to find information and all the sites I went to pretty much said the same thing.
I was shocked to read about this type of hernia. And a little unnerved as to the damage this rare and usually fatal birth defect leaves in it's wake. My first thoughts were could this be a reason for all the issues little man had and still has. Or was it the initial condition of chylothorax that was so evidently damaging. I believe the hernia had a little something to do with it, but mainly it was the chylothorax.
How could something so bad not have been detected previously. It happens and since there are typically no symptoms and wasn't even on the radar to be checked out, it could have and was overlooked. At least it was found and fixed. Hopefully it will be a permanent fix.
Just thought I'd share since I neglectfully left it out of the original post. Let me know your thoughts.
Love you all
-Roseanda
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







1 comment:
Wow! I just found your site...my son was born at 23 weeks and spent 182 days in the NICU...that's how I happened upon your blog. However, my daughter was born with a Morgagni hernia! I've never "met" anyone else who has heard of it...let alone had a child with it. So glad it was found and repaired.
You have a beautiful family!
Post a Comment