Saturday, February 27, 2010

Goings On!

So it's been a while since I posted. Just wanted to give an update.

Jan 11th, Isaiah had a surgical procedure to put in a G-Tube aka Mic-Key button. It went well. I got a little frustrated with them and I think I may have scared the nurse. It was well over 24 hrs before my little guy was able to eat. All because they had to wait for radiology to read the tests to make sure the tube was correctly in position. I called and found out they still had not fed him so I told the nurse I was ticked and that I was heading up to the hospital with milk and I was going to feed him whether they were going to allow it or not. And that when I got there, I wanted to speak with someone from radiology. By the time I did arrive, Isi had eaten and I had calmed down. But I still asked to speak with someone about the situation.

After the mic-key button, we had two instances of it coming out. For the first 8 wks, we can't do anything with it ourselves. So we had to go to the ER at Children's Mercy to make sure it was in the right position. We've been lucky since then as it hasn't come out again. We go in a couple weeks for our 8wk followup and they will show us how to change it ourselves.

Recently, 3 of us have been sick, 2 were not keeping things down, 1 had a fever. We're getting over it....sorta. Isi still having some residual issues, but he's getting better. Prior to this, I came down with vertigo. Not so pleasant. It was like being pregnant...dizziness and nausea...not my favorites.

Now, dealing with migraines and more nausea. What is going on?

I'm going to post some other pix with updates on the boys next.

Thanks for hanging in there in my fight for sanity. :)

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts