Friday, July 25, 2008

First Karate Class

Micah went to his first Tae Kwon Do Class last night. He was being very shy when we first got there...to the point that he kept saying he didn't want to be there and didn't want to take karate. Everytime Mrs. Westbrook (the instructor) tried to show him something to do, he was being very shy and holding on to me. I had to go out on the mat to help show him if I could do it, he could, too. When she asked him a question or had him say Hy-Yah (or however you spell it) he would be so quiet, you couldn’t hear it. After about 15 min, we all sat down to talk about what is taught and when at his age. What he’d move on to. Then, I began to make small talk with a lady near me while Antwan filled out a form. During this time, the instructor was able to take him out on the mat again and he was more willing to do the kicks and punches and practice on how to deal with a stranger trying to take him. He did really well. We did end up signing him up for the 6 month membership. He told us later that he did have fun and he remembers how to deal with strangers. I couldn’t get any pictures last night because I had to be on the mat with him most of the time. I will try to take some pix on Saturday when he goes for his second class. He has his white karate coat/jacket and pants and white belt, but it’s too big for him. They should have the right size in for him when he goes back on Saturday. I think I may end up taking classes after I deliver. It will be a great way to get back in shape! I hope I won’t regret it.

After we left, we stopped by Coffee Creek where we are building our new house. Our lot is the only one that has a SOLD sign in it. All the others that will eventually be bought say Reserved. We got out to walk around a little bit and couldn’t help but notice how quiet it was. As of right now we will be the only ones for a while in that section of Phase II. I can’t wait for the developer to finish what they need to do so we can break ground! Here’s a pic of the dirt! HeHe

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts