IT'S A BOY!!!Hi everyone. Once again, I have been slacking in my posts. But this is one I have to make time to do. Our little angel has arrived...9 wks early! He is in the NICU and will be there for a while. Here's the scoop as I recall them. Sorry if this is a little TMI for some of you.
Saturday morning, I got up to get Micah ready for karate and I noticed blood. I woke Antwan up and said get dressed, we have to go to the hospital because I was bleeding. This was about 8:20am and by 9:15, we were on our way to the hospital. I was taken to triage for evaluation. They monitored me, checked my cervix- which was closed and long. I was told that I probably would not be going home as they wanted to watch me for 24 hrs since the bleeding was concerning. With all the procedures I had done, they didn't know if the red (new) blood was from the cervix or the placenta.
So I was off to the Perinatal unit for more monitoring. Things were fine. Contractions had had slowed and I figured I would be released the next morning. Well later that evening, I began having cramping in my lower abdomen. It was getting really uncomfortable. Drinking water, emptying my bladder and laying on my side were not helping. I had my nurse come in so I could tell her about it. She checked me and said I was 2cm dilated and 75-80% effaced. I was in shock. She talked to the Dr. and they decided to get an IV started in case I needed it. The pain was getting to the point that I felt better when I was up walking around or on all fours in the bed. About 45min later, I was checked again and I was at 3cm dilated. I am having contractions-and they were completely different from what I remember with Micah. Now I was getting a little more worried. The Dr. came in and said I would be getting a drug to stop contractions.
At this point, I was moved to Labor and Delivery as they said it was safer in case I delivered. By the time I got over there, I was having to breathe and really concentrate on getting thru the contractions. I had called my friend AM to come as I was actually having contractions. She got to the hospital about 5 min after I got to Labor & Delivery. She helped me so much. I was checked shortly after and I was at 4-5 cm. I received a does or Stadol to take the edge off the contractions. OMG!!! That was some gooooooooooood stuff. I was in heaven! After going through more labor pains, I was checked again and was at a 6. My other friend Feli came with her camera (as requested). Thanks girlie. I wanted another shot of the Stadol, but when I got it, it just didn't work the second time around. I went thru the rest of my labor breathing through the contractions. Once I hit 8cm, the Dr. came in as well as the nurses from he NICU. They all had been briefed as to my situation and were ready. I didn't notice all the people in the room until the Dr. told me I needed to turn on my back and put my legs in the stirrups as I was losing a lot of blood. (Here I thought I was just urinating on myself...HA!)
We had to wait for the neonatologist to get there but I was getting that urge to push. I was only still at an 8 and my bag of waters were bulging. He finally arrived and Dr. Nichols broke my water. I didn't go to 10 right away. It took about 5 min. Everytime I had a contraction, the Dr. would put her hand inside to help with dilation. I HATED this extra pressure and pain and kept telling them not to touch me. I just wanted to get the baby out. So finally I was at a 10. The Dr. said ok...on your next contraction, I want you to push. She was trying to give me some other instructions, but all I heard was push so that I did. It felt better to do that. When another contraction hit, she repeated her request to bear down and push but this time, I heard "grab the back of your legs and push." I did it and pushed. It felt like I was having a bowel movement. At one point, I felt what I thought was a little "poo" come out. Everyone was getting so excited. I had made good progress. I took another breathe curled myself around my belly and pushed. I felt myself jerk and felt immediate relief. Baby Isaiah was out!
He didn't cry so I didn't know what was going on. I was waiting to hear something but never did. I began to cry as I didn't know what was happening. Eventually, the neonatologist came over to talk to me. He told me congratulations. I asked him if my baby was alive and he said yes. I don't recall anything else he said.
Isaiah weighed in at 3lbs 15oz and 16 1/2 in long. He was put in an isolette and wheeled over to me for a quick peek then off to the NICU he went.
I will save the medial updates for later posts as this is already long enough. I will, however, leave you with some pix I got later that evening. I hope you enjoy looking at this beautiful baby as much as Antwan and I do.









5 comments:
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!
Congrats Tweety-Isaiah is beautiful and big-thank God. He looks very healthy. God bless. Happy Thanksgiving. Mama Vee from FT
Good job!
Congrats!!!! Love the name!!! Blessings and prayers to you and your familiy!!!
Congratulations. We pray and hope that Isaiah will get better to go home soon.
Post a Comment