Monday, November 2, 2009

House full of Sick-O's

So everyone has had their share of illness in our house. Isaiah got sick firxt. He developed a cough right after his Synagis shot. That's the shot that is supposed to protect against RSV. He had his shot Oct. 5th and he got sick Oct. 6th. He's been ill and getting worse everyday. His oxygen levels have been low so we have had him up as high as 1. That of course depletes his tank pretty quick. We had to stop oral feeds so he hasn't had a bottle for the last 3 weeks. Plenty of medicine changes. Oh, and we now have a suction machine in our possession. I can tell you this. Our little guy may not feel good, but he can sure put up a fight when it comes to using the suction. I have had to straddle him to keep his arms to his side and hold his face with one hand while I use the wand with the other. It's a sight to see.

Two Saturday's ago, both MJ and Isi B developed fevers. Both were at least 101.7. Not good. Tylenol became our friend. Then last week, I caught whatever it was that they had. I went to work and I could tell something was going on. My coworker gave me a Mucinex tablet. I took it and.....well let's just say, I will never again take a pill on an empty stomach even if the box says it's fine. Being a lite-weight is not all it's cracked up to be. By the time I got home, I was feeling crappy. Ant was gone so it was just me and the boys. I took my temp and it was 101.2. 15 min later it was 101.5. I couldn't stand to see it go any higher so I left the thermometer alone. I cranked the heat up to 76 and tried to get comfortable. With fevers and chills, it wasn't easy. The boys were sleep by 8, so after putting them to bed, I straighteded up and went to bed myself. Of course I didn't get any sleep as Isaiah was up and down ALL NIGHT!

Everyone had Dr. appts the next day. The boys were diagnosed with "flu like symptoms" Basically they had some sort of flu. The nurse and Pediatrician heard me cough, asked me about my symptoms and said it sounded like H1N1 to them. I went to the Dr. later the afternoon and I was diagnosed with a virus. Basically it was the flu. H1N1? Maybe...maybe not. Not all cases are severe and not everyone ends up in the hospital. I was starting to feel better so the Dr. didn't give me any Rx for it.

Now, MJ is feeling better. He still has a cough. Isi is also FINALLY starting to turn the corner. AMEN. It is so painful watching him suffer. He's starting to sleep a little better. That's how I know he's starting to feel better.

I will of course be keeping an eye on him and I'll keep you all posted on how both boys are doing.

1 comment:

Skip, Stephanie, Emerald, Calvin, and Zachary said...

We will be saying a little "get healthy" prayer for all of you guys. Bleck! Sorry to hear how yucky you guys are feeling. The boys sure looked cute on Halloween!

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts