Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Surgery

The surgery went well.  Baby is recovering.  Adjusting has been interesting for him.  He is falling down more but on the other hand, when he walks, he will now look down.  That seems like no big deal, but for him, it is HUGE.  He never looked down before as the view was probably very out of focus and possibly made him dizzy.  I was taking him to bed one night and as we walked towards the stairs, he was watching his feet....one foot in front of the other.  It was such a wonder site.  I wish I had a camera to capture the moment.

The red eyes are fading and I now see more of the white.  There also seems to be some bruising on his left cheek.  I believe it is from the surgery.  His face was puffy and I think the residual trauma has just made it's way to his cheeks.  It should fade in time.  The Dr. saw him several days after surgery.  She didn't say anything concerned her and seemed to think the healing was going ok.  Time will tell how successful the surgery really was.  I will keep you all posted. 

Here is a pre-surgery picture and a post surgery picture.  You can visually see the difference in the positioning of his eyes.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts