Isaiah was taken off the vent yesterday! The nurse called about 5:30 to let me know. That was a surprise. I think since he kept acting like he was gagging, they thought, why not give it a try! Hopefully he does well and will not have to go back on it. I haven't gotten a call that he had to go back on it. So no news is good news.
He looks so different already. What a difference 3 wks makes! He seems so sweet but also he seems like he's not really focusing on anything too long. Like he's not caring what he's looking at. Not sure if you all follow what I mean. It's kind of like, you look in his eyes and somethings not right, like he's not really there. I asked the nurse if that was common and she said yes. Kids who have had long stints on the vent with tons of meds, still have to let the remaining meds go thru their system. So it's like he's still drugged in a way. I hope that's the case as I don't like seeing him look like he's just not there.
The best part about going up there last night is that I got to hold him. It was like being back up in the NICU since I sat in the chair with pillows and the nurses had to get him out of the bed and place him in my arms since he still has tubes.
Just wanted to share the news and a few pix. Thanks AM for some candids. Too bad my camera phone isn't that great. Enjoy!







2 comments:
YAY! I'm sure it was pure joy to hold you sweet son again! I hope that those drugs work their way out of his system soon. You are an amazing woman and Isi is so lucky to have you as a mom.
Keep up the good work little man!
wonderful, wonderful news! Praying for a speedy rest of recovery for little Isi. And for strength for the rest of you.
I love the pictures!
Post a Comment