Isaiah is growing like a weed. As of today, he is 9lbs 4oz and 20.5 in. He's still not on the scale of course (in the 0%) but at least he is now parallel to it. I can tell he's growing. His thighs are getting bigger. It's soooo cute.
He had a cardiologist appt today. Long story short. He looks good, but he has developed a wheezing due to his PDA which means it's getting worse. Dr. Carlson would like to move his surgery to within the next couple of weeks. Not sure how soon we can get the cardiac anesthesiologists on board. We're kind of at their mercy. However, over the last week, Isi has been in a lot of pain. Mainly in the evenings/overnight. He cries when he is trying to have a bm. Usually you hear a lot of gas but it doesn't usually result in hard stools. This could mean there may be some slight restriction going on with the hernia. Dr. Carlson spoke with the general surgeon Dr. Ostlie and got us an appt next Tuesday. He will take a look to see if the hernia issue is no longer on the back burner. If it gets really bad, he could end up having emergency surgery. We aren't going to think about that but his hernia could dictate the surgical schedule. In the meantime. I am trying to find ways to help Isi deal with the pain he feels each night. I just pray that whatever it is will resolve long enough for him to have 1 night that he's not screaming for 15+ min.
Back to the cardio part. The Dr.s have discussed this and currently the consensus is to just do the entire surgery up front. That means, putting Isi on the vent and he would need to go on the heart-lung bypass machine. Yep....the open heart surgery would happen within a month. I wasn't ready for that but it is probably in his best interest to make sure he's better off when the surgery is done then prior to having it. Plus, there's no guarantee the band that they were going to put on the pulmonary artery would have worked like they wanted it to anyway.
For now, I have the heart surgery in the back of my mind. I just need to figure out how to get my lil man comfortable through the night and part of the days. Dark Karo syrup and stopping his multi-vits w/iron haven't done anything. Suggestions anyone? Only medical suggestions will be "seriously" considered. HA!
MJ is doing well. He's fighting us every couple of days about going to school. Basically he doesn't want to go. His preference is to have mommie stay home so he can stay with me. One day baby...one day.
Ant is good. I have been trying to make his life as stress free as possible. At least to the best of my ability and without driving myself nuts in the process. Ask me in a month how it's going.
"Grandmom" is here helping and I thank God for her everyday. Now if we can only get her to sell her house and move here permanently. So far, all attempts have been futile. Doesn't mean I'm not going to keep working on her though. hehe
We ask that you keep us in your prayers. We will update you when we know more. Until then, please remember to: Live. Laugh. Love!
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







1 comment:
Do know you have prayers from this household! We are hoping and praying good things on both the heart surgery and the hernia. Remember, if you need us in any way we are here for you. I know it's hard to ask (I've been there) but I really do mean it!
Post a Comment