So today was a little unnerving. It was my first day back at work, AGAIN! As much as I love my job and all the people there, it was extremely hard to leave my little one. I have come to enjoy the time we spend together. I just can't seem to get enough of him. I don't remember it being this hard after I had Micah. But then again, Micah was blessed to be born very healthy. Even so, it doesn't make it any easier to not be with my boys.
Micah had a really good morning...mostly. He woke up in good spirits and had a pretty good first 20 min. But it started going down hill once we went downstairs for breakfast.
We almost had a last minute visit to the Urgent Care Center at Children's Mercy South. Sister M.T., the nurse, came by for one of her visits. Things were going good. She weighed him. Here are his stats from the last few days:
3/23: 8lbs 6oz
3/28: 8lbs 10oz
3/31: 8lbs 14oz
So he is definitely gaining weight! I love that. He is certainly getting bigger. I can even feel it when I pick him up. Now I know I'm not just losing muscle. hehe
Anyway, back to the story. I was telling her about a concern I had. Isi had not had very good urine output overnight and he was screaming in pain trying to have a bm and when he finally did, it was nothing to write home about at all. She got a little concerned since she doesn't trust little man. He can be fine one minute and then the next, things can go very bad...very quickly!!! So she called the pediatrician. Dr. Stuppy wasn't in so the nurse consulted another Dr. who had the nurse call his cardiologist who in turn advised that Isi needed to go the Children's Mercy South right away and be seen in the urgent care center. I was floored. This could NOT be happening again. MT left and I called the NICU at OPR to see what they thought. He didn't have anymore episodes of a painful bm's and actually had good output from the back and the front. He was eating well and his Oxygen levels were up. The NICU didn't want to go against the physician's orders but agreed that I am mom and I know my baby best. I decided that he didn't need to go in at that time. I would just watch him and if it got worse or persisted, I would take him in. Plus we were going to the NICU follow-up clinic the next day and to his pediatrician appt the day after that. Crisis averted.
I'll post again after his next appts.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







2 comments:
Whew! I'm glad it didn't end up serious. Hey, and tell Sister Mary Theresa hi for me. She's so cute.
Momma's know best! I hope your appointment went smoothly!
Post a Comment