On Tuesday, Sept. 3o. I went in for another appt and sure enough the fluid was back again. Dr. Ridgway, who was covering for Dr. Finley did end up aspirating the fluid out the baby's chest. Just to give you an idea of what they've been getting...the first time they went in to get fluid, they got 28cc. The second time they got 30 cc. This time they got 36cc. So more each time, however, you have to also remember that the baby is also getting bigger as well so the chest is able to hold more.
After the procedure, I had to have a steroid shot in the bum with another the next day. It is the shot that will help the baby's lungs mature in the event they feel it's better to go ahead and deliver me. Yeah, that's right. We could be facing an early delivery. I'm only 24 weeks so the thought of delivering this early is very frightening and has me in panic mode. Last night I just had so much to think about and it really started to sink in how critical and severe this all really is. Just know that doing nothing is like saying we give up on our baby...which I refuse to do. I'm just so thankful that the Drs are so knowledgeable. It is still scary. I asked the Dr. afterwards if there was anyone that the procedure was performed on had delivered this early and his response was, "The few times I've done this, they've never delivered this early." He left the room for something and I asked the nurse in all the years she had been in this field, how many times had she seen women in this situation or similar. She shook her head and said, "really, almost never. This condition is so rare. She knows for fact of 3 times...possibly more but 3 for sure." She remembers one lady with this condition that delivered not too much earlier than her due date. The baby was actually fine. I had to go in the comfy chair and be put on the fetal heart monitor for 20-30 minutes to make sure the baby tolerated the procedure fairly well. It was comforting to hear that beautiful heartbeat. The Dr. even gave me a wonderful picture of the the face profile. I see the eyes, nose and mouth and the baby was just looking right at me. hehehe I believe the shape of the face is the same as Antwan's. Great....I'll never have a child that looks like me, will I? I have another appt Friday Oct. 3 and the Dr. is pretty sure I will be doing the procedure again.
I actually had a slight emotional break down today. Well a couple of times. Then I had to deal with some other not so pleasant news so needless to say, my head just hasn't been in it at all today. I sometimes feel so alone in this battle, but I know God is always there for me. So I will do my best not to doubt him. He knows what he's doing and his plans will be revealed soon. So I pray. After my appt this coming Friday, I will have another appt on Monday Oct. 6 first thing in the morning. My Dr. will be back and the next steps would be to schedule me for a procedure similar to the ones I've been doing. The only difference is that the needle is bigger, the procedure is a little longer, more uncomfortable and slightly more painful. They would be placing a little drain tube or stint in the baby's chest to let the fluid drain that way instead of continuing to do this procedure. It will take place in labor and delivery. If they do this, it will be sometime next week. It could be Monday or later in the week. I did get to see the actual stint that would be placed in the baby's chest. It's not big, but big enough when going into ity bity body. They did tell me I would be sedated so I feel a little better in that I probably won't care how uncomfortable or painful the procedure is. HA!
So today Oct 1, I went in to have the other steroid shot administered. Nurse Grace said she had good new and even more good news for me. 1st, I didn't have to have another Rho-gham shot. 2nd, The rest of the amnio results came back absolutely how they thought they would. No issues with chromosomes. Baby has the right amount of genes. No more, no less! Just a perfect little bean with a lymphatic issue. Still measuring on target and all other organs look beautiful. So how is this happening? That's only for God to reveal. I'm going to keep on trucking and living life because I have a little 4yr old that still needs his mommie and quite honestly, I need him right now, too. He's my little ray of sunshine when I need it. If I feel like crying, I'll do it. But I turn around and look for him and get a great big hug and kiss and I feel so much better. He loves to hug and kiss on my belly and I know he will be a great big brother! I'm looking forward to meeting this little kicker but I really can wait another 16 weeks to do so.
We ask that you keep praying for us and that everything will be blessed with God's will.
Thank you all for your continued support. We love you!
-Team Piggott
Antwan, Roseanda and Micah
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







No comments:
Post a Comment