Friday, October 3, 2008

Oct 3 Peri appt.

Today, I got a reprieve. Dr. Ridgway started the ultrasound and noticed that the fluid that had accumulated in the baby's chest was not as much as we had been noticing at previous appts. This could be because there were only 3 days that had passed instead of the usual 4-5 days. It also could be because of the steroid shots that helped to mature the baby's lungs. Hopefully it helped to keep the fluid from pressing against the lungs too much so not sure. Either way, the Dr. wanted there to be plenty of fluid for the procedure that will be done on Monday. He took measurements. I'm 24wks 3 days today, but the baby was measuring 25wks 2days and estimated to be a little over 2lbs. Dr. Ridgway says that's bigger than where I should be at right now, but it's probably because of the fluid that has increased the size of the baby's belly and chest so it holds a little fluid. So it's actually ok.

OK, Monday my day starts at 9:15 when I have to be at the Dr. office for ultrasound to check fluid levels and baby position (baby is breech right now). Then at 10:30, I go up to Labor and Delivery to be prepped for surgery and the surgery is supposed to begin about 12:30 pm. I won't be put under but I will be sedated. Dr. said they may have to make a really small incision because the needle that will be used is larger then the needle I'm used to now. I may be awake but I'll be comfortable. I will be monitored after but I was told that my Dr. typically likes to have his patients stay overnight to be watched since I'm more likely to go into labor with this kind of procedure. I'm trying to stay calm about all of this but it's still on my mind all day. I'll just continue to pray that God blesses us and everything will be fine. There is a high chance that the surgery will need to be repeated because the baby's like to pull out the tubes. We'll see how everything goes. Antwan can be in the room during the procedure if he can handle it. But he will need to leave for a meeting by 2pm so my friend Jackie said she can make arrangements to come up to stay with me for a little while. She is my Godsend...Love you Ms. J.!

Thanks for all your prayers and uplifting words. We all appreciate it so much. Here's a face view of our little one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and your little one for your upcoming procedure. You're such a strong lady!

miss v said...

heard you were doing well after surgery today... keep your spirits up.

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts