Friday, October 17, 2008

Perinatal Follow up after the Surgery

I went to my followup appt Wed. The office for some reason didn't even have my appt down even though they scheduled it. But they of course still got me in to be seen and on time with my regular Peri.

So I go back and my Dr. begins to do the ultrasound. Then two of the other 3 Drs come in to see everything that is going on and what my baby's chest is looking like. I feel like the circus freak on display. The last few times I have been at the office or L&D, there have been at least 3 Drs in the room...all looking at what the condition is and the progress. Apparently, this condition is pretty rare for a fetus and they almost never see it. I have to see the peri every week until I deliver so all the Dr's have to be updated on what's going on as I could be seen by any of them.

So 3 of the 4 Drs in the practice are in my room for the u/s and as everyone is looking at the screen, we all see the baby's hand open up and slide right over the stint sticking out of the chest. Then the little fingers curl around it. This baby was trying to pull the stint out! Everyone was like....Oh my gosh...STOP! NO! I think there's still not a lot of coordination on the baby's part so it couldn't really grasp the stint. Thank goodness, but that tells me it's been trying to do that for quite a while and one day, it will grab it and pull that sucker right out!

Other than that, the stint looks to be working great at keeping the fluid to a minimum. Dr. hopes I deliver after my due date to give the lungs that much more help. He took the time after the scan to give me some pix of my little one. I'll post when I get them uploaded to the computer. My Dr is so sweet. My next appt is at 11:30 next Wed. I also have my glucose screening lab draw at 9am that day and my OB appt right after at 9:20. Talk about a busy morning.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts