Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back to the Grind

Tomorrow I officially return to work. It's been a while. I hope I haven't forgotten anything. I am trying to remember some of my passwords. If I don't, all I have to say is "Thank goodness for IT"....Love ya Valerie!!!

I am having mixed emotions about going back. I'm ready, but it's hard thinking about how I'm going to handle having to pump a few times a day and go up to the NICU to nurse. At work, there is a room that has been somewhat modified for privacy for pumping. I have gotten word that a curtain is up to keep interested parties from getting a glimpse of my tah-tahs and a lock for this extra determined folks...HA!

Anyway, as for today's events: I had a conference with Micah teacher. She seemed open to my suggestions and she had many ideas to help him have better days. For those that don't know, Micah has been on the not so good side when it comes to school. He's been withdrawing from activities and peers and when he does interact, he's kind of aggressive. Academically, he's doing extremely well, but since he's one of the oldest in the class, he thinks the other kids are babies and he is bored. His in-home sitter discussed with me a long time ago that when he gets bored and isn't stimulated by older kids, he gets bored and starts to act out in ways that aren't productive. We came up with a reward board at home that he gets to choose activities from when he does 80% of the things at school that he needs to do. I hope this will help him. I can't stand to think I can't help my baby.

As for Isaiah, he's doing good. Still on the small side. Next week would officially be his due date, but if he were born around this time, he'd probably be about 7 lbs or so. But as of tonight, he is 4lbs 14.2 oz He's not getting enough calories still and his sugar levels have been just above the level they need to be so he needs for that to increase. Still suffering from pulmonary hypertension. That's the biggest thing right now. We have to get that better as well as figure out what's going on with his liver (much larger then what it should be). Still have hurdles, but pray everyday he continues to improve.

I am headed off to bed now. Have a TON of stuff to do tomorrow including waking up earlier than I have been. I'll update on my first day back.

1 comment:

miss v said...

well now, i didn't get a single email from you yesterday, so i think you had it under control! (except that huge stack of cd-roms... what was that about!!? :) )

it's good to have your smiling face back at work - we need the laughs you bring.

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts