Thursday, January 8, 2009

Fantastic nursing night

This morning, Antwan and I went to the house to do our walk thru. I walked in and immediately saw that the carpet was put in. I love it. I love it all! I wish I could move in right now. It looks amazing! It feels so homey and cozy. I could see the four of us in different rooms just spending time together. Micah is playing with some games, Antwan is on a couch on is computer, I am playing with Isaiah, etc. Can you tell I do a lot of daydreaming in my spare time? When you have dreams, why not let them run wild sometimes. We will probably be closing Jan. 28th, but trying to see if insurance will allow us to take possession sooner than that. We can get the key as early as the 16th. I would like to start moving stuff in at that time, but we don't know. We're waiting on a call back from Ins. I just really want to be able to get stuff in there before Isaiah comes home. Since the nurse told me that a company would come and set up the oxygen tank for Isaiah, I would hate to have it set up in the apt then have to turn around within a week or so and have to redo everything at the new house. We'll work thru it and it will be ok.

I nursed twice today. This evening, was a really good session. He was off and one for about 15 minutes. I think he nippled half his feed tonight. Earlier NP Val dropped his feeds from 52 to 44. When he went from feeding every 4 hrs (q4) to every 3 hrs (q3), they didn't adjust the amt of milk he got so he was getting more then needed. That isn't a bad thing. He would probably just gain more weight. Also, his direct billiruben level went up. It was weird because yesterday, I had just made an comment that he looked like he had a green hue to him and I said, "I wonder if his billiruben level has gone up. He's looking greenish." They did blood tests and sure enough, the levels were up. So he is back on one of his meds, but it's given orally since he doesn't have anymore lines. They put it in his milk. Extra calories are also now added to his milk as well as vitamins. It has to be diluted in his milk because it tastes and smells so bad that Isaiah may not tolerate it very well.

Earlier in the day when I was up there, it was the funniest thing. He woke up to eat and literally was up for 1 1/2 hrs. After eating, he just looked at me. I talked to him and all he did was stare. He did the same thing this evening. I sang to him this evening and he just watched me. Eventually he went to sleep, after an hour or so. His awake times are definitely getting longer. When he does get to come home, I hope his sleep times last long as well.

I'm going to keep this short so I'm signing off for now. Hope to have a good update on the boys tomorrow. Talk to everyone later.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts