This is going to be short but just wanted to update. Isaiah is doing well. He is still feeding really good. Taking about 47cc with the bottle and NG tube. He takes God knows how much when nursing...I think he gets at least 50+cc. We had a meeting with the Dr on Thursday to discuss everything going on; how it is all related; the pros and cons of the decisions they need to make; etc. The current plan is to hold off on heart surgery to correct the PDA. Since he has been progressively getting better, they want to let him stay on that course. He should get stronger. We will reevaluate in 2-3 weeks. Hopefully his liver function will increase even more and the pulmonary hypertension starts to improve.
He was having showing labored breathing and head bobbing so he was put back on the High-flow nasal canula. Not sure if I put that in my other post or not. He is however back on the low-flow now. He has been given the green light to P.O. as tolerated (take feedings orally-breast or bottle). I was happy about that. I am going to try to get up to the hospital to nurse about 3x daily, but we'll see how that goes. Especially with work and all. I have to try to make it work since my milk supply is dwindling. I don't want to take pills so I'll just pray my healthy eating and tons of water help along with increased pumping and nursing.
I will update on pix very soon. I finally got one of him during bath time. He gets one on Wednesday's and Thursday's. Micah got to help with the one last Wednesday. Oh yeah, he is up to 5lbs 11oz. But still small. Dr's want him to keep growing as that will help him get stronger.
FYI
We start the "official" move to the new house tomorrow.
Friday, January 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







No comments:
Post a Comment