Isaiah was having a transfusion when I got there as he was looking pale and his hematacrit levels were like 26. The nurse told me that the last PICC line would be removed after the transfusion and another check of his levels. Once this was done, he could have his first bath. WooHoo. I am soooooo looking forward to that. No more lines in the hands, arms, legs or feet. Thank God for little miracles...I still remember when he had so many lines, you couldn't even see baby! Pretty soon it would be just his heart and Oxygen monitors and his nasal canula and (NG) feeding tube.
The two nursing sessions went well. He latches on really well and he's getting milk. The only thing is we're working on getting him stronger so he can eat longer than 3 minutes then passing out from exhaustion. At least I know he can do it! That's one hurdle down.
One more day before mommie goes home. Yeah, I said it. Mommie, Mommie, Mommie! So what. Maybe I do sound like a little girl but I'm secure enough in my adulthood to do it. Besides, I haven't gotten a spanking since I was in Elementary and I haven't gotten smacked in the mouth since I was 21. I can revert when the time calls for it. I chose to let "Mommie" come and help me whenever she wanted and boy did I appreciate it. Plus I think when I call her that, she is more likely to give me what I want. HA! Sorry mom....had to put it out there. Hope your friends won't think you're a softy. Thanks....I love you!
Now, with all this stuff happening, I realized we don't have as long as we thought before Isaiah may be making his grand EXIT out of the NICU. Since he won't be having surgery before he leaves, that shaves 1 week off his stay time. So we could be looking at leaving around his original due date of Jan. 20 or later. That's also Inaguration Day. Would have been a historic day if he was born then, huh? Please keep the prayers coming as Isaiah still has a ways to go.
Sorry if this post seems so random and scattered. It's late and I think sleep is trying to catch up to me. So I'm going to meet it in the bedroom right now! Nite all







1 comment:
Oh my sweet little man!
Post a Comment