Wednesday, January 7, 2009

See you soon mom

My mom went home this morning. We took Micah to school then off to the airport we went. The drive was really quick. Thank you so much for coming mommie. I was able to get a little break for a few responsibilities. Thanks G.K. and Mika Shea for making this possible. I truly appreciate you guys for thinking of me. You seem to know exactly what I need. Love you all!

I left the airport and went directly to the hospital. I was there by 11:45 so I made it in time to nurse Isaiah at 12. He has been doing really well...nursing like a champ! I heard he took a bottle the other night because he was starving. You go big boy! My little one is growing up. I was up there until a little after 2. I went home to get a quick bite then back up to the NICU I went. My brother came up as well. This was his first time seeing his nephew. Everyone keeps saying that Isaiah looks just like Micah. I have a hard time seeing it, but every once in a while I catch a glimpse of him. He doesn't look like me so he must look like his daddy which means he looks like Micah. I just can't get any kids who look like me, huh? Here is a pic I took yesterday with his eyes open.

So when I was up there the second time, we gave Isaiah a bath. I don't have the pictures to post. My batter went dead and we had to take pix on the disposable one. When I get them developed, I will try to see how I can get them up and still look decent. Isaiah does NOT like to be exposed to the elements. He likes his warm blankets. We stripped him down and he screamed. But as soon as we put him in the warm water and wrapped the towels around his little body, he immediately closed his eyes and just enjoyed the moment. He didn't make a peep and never opened up his eyes. I have never seen him so relaxed in his little life. It was the cutest thing I ever saw. But don't let the cool air hit him. You'll pay. I don't even think he pee'd in the water. After his bath, we got him dressed. He fussed for a few minutes, then we got him all snug and cozy and he was out like a light. I know what to do to get him to wind down now.

Since Isaiah will not be having his surgery, I have started working with the nurse and the NP to learn to push in his hernia. Not so good right now, but I will get better. It's the weirdest feeling. I was scared that I was gonna push in his testicles. But it worked out. Once he grows bigger and gets stronger (maybe a few months) he will have the hernia surgery and also do his circumcision. That way it can all be done at once. Smart, so smart.

Antwan brought Micah up for a little bit. Micah got to hold his little brother for a while. He did really well. Sitting in the rocker like a big boy. After about 5 minutes or so, he was like, take him, he's too heavy. I just laughed and took the baby. Then off to daddy he went. I was going to take Micah home. We went downstairs and ran into the Moses family. I saw them earlier and they wanted to get a peek at our little guy. I completely forgot so it was "fate" that we happened to run into each other. (They were there for something else.) So I took them upstairs. Antwan took them back to see Isaiah while I stayed in the lounge with Micah and the girls while they played. We all left a little later.

I ended up going back up there by 9 for another feeding. He did well. I was there until 11 or so then left. It was nice to have that quiet time with him. I just hold him and look at him. I could stare at that little angel for hours. Now we just have to keep praying that he keeps getting stronger and will get to come home soon.

Thank you all for your continued prayer and support.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts