Monday, May 11, 2009

The countdown has started

A friend said to me recently that they couldn't imagine what we must be going thru with Isi's surgery coming surgery and they couldn't begin to understand our emotions right now. Truth be told, we can't imagine what we must be going thru. At least I can't. Up to this point, we have talked about Isi needing surgery. He has issues, he needs surgery...oh no he's sick; crap, surgery is postponed, good he's better, we're finally gonna have the surgery.

I don't think I truly understand the magnitude of things as we actually haven't had the Dr./Family discussion yet where we are sat down and told what is going to happen, What the Dr. will be doing, the length of time it takes. We haven't gone thru the risks of the surgery and how dangerous it is. I think it will hit the day of.

I mentioned this to my mother-in-law and she said it's been on her mind a lot. She just hasn't said anything about it. I really haven't talked to A about it either. Maybe he's been worried about it as well but just hasn't said anything. Am I so engrossed in family life that I honestly can only think one day at a time? I'll keep you updated on my thought process.

We ask that you keep our family uplifted in prayer this week as you have done. We appreciate all of you.

-The Piggotts

3 comments:

SMccracken said...

I work with your husband, and I have been reading about your journey. My hubby and I will continue praying for you guys! Please know that!

Mommy P said...

Thinking about you and praying that all goes well!

Skip, Stephanie, Emerald, Calvin, and Zachary said...

Prayers sent your way from the Pankewich clan. We know this must be a trying time emotionally. You are such a strong family to be handling it all so well. Let me know if we can do anything else for you. We are super close and can be there in a heartbeat.

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts