Yesterday was the March for Babies in downtown KC. We had a great time. Isaiah couldn't go of course, but Micah kept me in great company. We took a big group picture with the staff of OPR NICU then we took a group shot of the mommies in our group. We saw many of Isi's nurses and one of the Neonatologists. They are all praying for Isaiah and can't wait to see him. They were hoping he'd be able to come out yesterday but hence he's still on house arrest. Maybe next year. We'll try to stop up there after his next NICU follow-up appt or his pediatrician visit.

He's starting to smile all the time, talk a lot and we even almost got a full laugh out of him last
night. He's starting to do so much so fast. My older sister came for a visit Saturday. Her and her family had not been here since Isaiah was still at the hospital at Overland Park. They loved seeing him. My younger sister came yesterday. She saw our little guy for the first time and she thinks he's tiny. I told her...."heck, he's 5 months. If you think this is tiny, you should have seen him months ago." I'm glad she stopped by. I was also able to meet her new boyfriend. He's seems nice. He got an eye-opening 'welcome to the family' when Isaiah was fussing and ready to eat. I have to nurse so I covered up to do it and Isaiah pulled the blankie off. Oh well.....all I could say was..."It's MY house!" HA
Anyway. The walk was good. I tried to take sporadic pix, but it's hard to do that and push a stroller at the same time. Micah really enjoyed himself.
All the pix I have thus far are on the home photo site. Click here.







1 comment:
I am loving the story about nursing! That is funny. You're right, your house, your rules :) We had so much fun with you guys at the walk. Can't wait to do it WITH Isaiah next year. He's getting so big. Can't wait to see him again.
Post a Comment