Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fond Farewell

Friday February 13th, we took our little one home for the first time. To our new house. It was sure something to see. All the nurses and Drs came out to see us off. They were all waiving at us as we turned the corner. I felt like crying but held it together. I was so sad to be leaving everyone that was so instrumental in his care. Yet, I was excited to begin our new life at home as a family of four! So I guess it was bitter sweet. I just couldn't believe we were finally at the point that we were walking out and no one was going to chase us down or have us bring the baby back. The Neonatal cord hasn't completely been severed as Isaiah will have follow up appts at the NICU clinic so he will see the Drs again.

We go to the pediatrician's office Friday 2/20 for his synergis shot (protects against RSV). Then the cardiologist on 2/25. NICU clinic after that. I won't bore you too much with the details. That
post will come later. I want to just share our farewell memories with you all. Enjoy the pix! You all will need to click on the Discharge slideshow below to see some of the people doing their Super Hero poses. It is too cute. I tried to get Dr. Weatherstone to wear her Tiara, but no such luck! One day!
Here is one of the Respiratory Therapists, Paxton. Missy helped a lot, I didn't get a pic of her but she was there to see us off when we went out the door.


Nurse Practitioners:
Val & Tammy

Nurses:
Larry & Klarissa

Belinda & Ashley


Carolyn & Mary


Last but certainly not least of the heroes, the Drs.
Dr. Holcomb, Dr. Lancaster and Dr. Weatherstone

When I found out about Dr. Weatherstone's Tiara, I officially deemed her the Princess. hehe
Here is a link to the slideshow: Discharge

2 comments:

Skip, Stephanie, Emerald, Calvin, and Zachary said...

I love that you got all the pics of all the amazing docs and nurses. What a sweet sign you made! You are super mommy. I posted some info on my blog about the walk, but will email you more info. Hope it is going well with all 4 at home now. I hear you about doc appts. We feel like we are going all the time. :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and family Tweety. Happy your little angel is with his family at your new home. God bless. Mama Vee from FT.

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts