First of all, today started off being a great day. Other than the lack of sleep lately, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! Who wouldn't love the day. I went to work like any other day. But I had to leave at 11 because I had an infant CPR class to take at the NICU family lounge. It was very informative. I can now attempt to get a baby breathing again. I just pray I never will have to use it.
After the class, I stopped by Isaiah's room for about 20 minutes. I finished feeding him his bottle and just held him for a few moments. Nurse Charlotte came in and told me I had something. Then she reached towards the top of the crib and pulled off a card. It was a birthday card from Isaiah. The night nurse must have seen somewhere it was my birthday and her and Isaiah conspired to make a card. It had his picture on the front of it. The inside said Happy Birthday Mom! and it had the date 2/4/09 along with his hand print. I loved it! I love any card from my boys.
When I left the hospital, I grabbed a quick bite from Taco Bell (old habits die hard), then went to First American Title to meet with Ms. Cox to do our closing. After several mishaps and incorrect documents we finally were done with paperwork for the house. The house was ours. Well, it always was since the construction loan was in our name. HA! Anyway, what was only supposed to take 45 min ended up taking 2 1/2 hrs! We walked out of there at 5pm! Holy Crap. Well, I picked Micah up and did a few other things.
I went up to see Isaiah later in the day, to nurse but he had already eaten. That's the problem with ad lib eating. He gets to eat whenever he is hungry so there is no rhyme or reason to it and I may not catch him when he's hungry. So needless to say, I didn't get to nurse today. I can't wait to be able to take him home. Wouldn't it have been a wonderful birthday gift to be told I would be taking him home soon. Just my luck it it does happen, it would be tomorrow. That would still be a good gift.
Overall, it was a good day. I'll update soon.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







No comments:
Post a Comment