Thursday, February 5, 2009

I GOT A GREAT GIFT!!!

So today, I got birthday gifts from the ladies at work. I got a gift certificate for Chick-fil-A. WOOOHOOOO! One of my favorite places. Ms. AM you sure know how to make a girl feel good. I guess you really are my pseudo spouse! hehehe I also got a beautiful Willow Tree figurine of a woman holding her baby. It is beautiful. I have it on my mantel at home.

They girls also took me out to lunch today since I couldn't go yesterday. Our food destination? The Cheesecake Factory of course! It wouldn't be a birthday without going there. I actually got something different then what I usually get which is the Chicken Picata. I love lemon flavored chicken and noodles. Can't get enough. But went with something different this time. It was pretty good.

I called up to the hospital to see when Isaiah would be ready to eat and they said at 1pm. So I left right after lunch to head up to the hospital. When I got there, nurse Carrie was asking me about taking the CPR class and that I needed to be set up for equipment training. I knew we would need to do that so I just said ok. Then she left and the Nurse Practitioner came in to talk to me. Begins asking the same thing as the nurse and telling me about other things. This is where my gift comes in. She told me I needed to bring in the carseat. They weren't going to do the test right away but I needed to have it here. I looked at her with confusion and said, "Don't you normally do that when they are closer the going home?" She looked at me and said, "Umm, mid next week?" All I could say was WHAT! The next few things that were told me were answered the same way...WHAT! I couldn't believe it. Isaiah could be going home next week. Of course this was followed up by her telling me it depended on what the pediatric cardiologist said about his PDA. If they want to go ahead with the surgery, he would need to stay, but if they plan to hold off a little longer, then Isaiah would be coming home! She said Dr. Weatherstone was going to come and go over details with me. I wanted Antwan to come but he was unable to make it. That's ok. I was able to handle all the info and relay it. I will have to set it up to Room-In which is when I would stay in the hospital overnight (24-72 hrs) and take care of Isaiah. I would need to do everything, do his meds, check the monitors, etc. The nurses would come check on us periodically and would be there if we needed them. But mainly, it would be just me and Antwan.

OMG....I am over-the-moon right now. But I just realized, I have to get everything ready at home. That's a lot of stuff to do...put up the bed, get clothes out of storage bins, wash stuff, paint. Geez! I better get a move on it and FAST. All this is a lot to take in. So I'm gonna try to process it over the next day or so.

2 comments:

Skip, Stephanie, Emerald, Calvin, and Zachary said...

Oh my!!! I am so thrilled for you guys!! That is such incredible news. The rooming in is fun, real fun :) However, the moment that hit me most was physically walking out the doors of the NICU with baby in hand. Happy Birthday (a little late), and what a great present. I can't wait to read more, but if you are like me, you won't have time! Oh, keep us informed. Give your boys hugs, lots of hugs.

Mom who hates stupid people said...

I'm so excited. That was great news to read. Good luck and if you need anything, I'm only a phone call away (wish I was still next door :( ). I will pray everything goes well in the next few days.

Lisa

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts