Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rooming In - Part II

So the first 24 hours went really well. The alarms only went off once. It was because one of his leads was not touching his body. The alarm sounded then went off. It sounded again for a second and went off again. I stopped what I was doing and remembered that the Respiratory Therapist said that if it goes off, don't look at the monitor. Look at him and see if he's ok. Lil man was just fine and was oblivious to what had happened. After observing him, I looked at the monitor. There was a light on that wasn't on previously. I looked on the top of it to see what that symbol meant......"loose lead". The light is still on so I think I need to reset the machine. I'll check tomorrow. Don't want to accidentally do something our ears will regret.

Isaiah did really well. He slept a lot. He was really knocked out. However, I think the trip downstairs wore him out because he slept through his 3am feed. He did take his meds, but I couldn't for the life of me get him to wake up to eat again. So I just let him sleep. Dr. said he shouldn't go more than 4hrs between feeds....ooooops! Hey, maybe that's what his little body needed. He won't be able to grow unless his body is able to process everything and take a break from all the action. I think it was good for him. We'll see how good a decision that was when we get weights on him later. As of last night, he was 6lbs 3.9 oz.

The carseat base was supposed to get installed today but that didn't happen. Hopefully tomorrow. Here are a couple pix of when Nurse Carolyn put him in the seat.


He looks like a little doll baby....so tiny in the seat. But he was just as content as he wanted to be. Just looking around and sucking on his binkie. He also held his doggie "little Jasmine" for about 5 seconds before swiping at it and pushing it out of his face. It was too funny. And if you haven't guessed, he did pass his test. That's my boy!

Dr. Weatherstone came down to check on him along with NP Kim. They talked about his feedings and asked how I was feeling about taking him home. First I was nervous but after being alone with him overnight, I feel pretty good and fairly competent that I can handle it. I'm sure it will be a hard task but like everything else in my life...I'm up for a good challenge...BRING IT!

Antwan brought Micah after school. He helped Mommie a litle by getting some things for me but other than that, he was a little angel. Speaking of the little angel...yesterday, when we went to Wal*Mart, I had to pick up some things. I went to the card section to get Valentine's cards for his classmates. He was right by me, and I told him to stay by me. But when I turned around, he was gone! I was going up and down the aisles calling his name. No Micah. I finally walked up to an associate to tell them my son was lost. As soon as I opened my mouth to tell him, a voice came over the loud speaker. It said, "Attention Customers, Roseanda, your son is waiting for you at Customer Service." I b-lined it up to the front and there he was standing by the manager looking scared. I started walking towards him. When he saw me, he ran to me with open arms and hugged me tight. The manager said he was walking up front alone and was crying that he couldn't find his mommie. She asked him my name so she could announce it. Thank goodness I taught him how to pronounce my real name. I put my arms around him and said to never do that again. He said I won't mommie. He never left my side the rest of the time and listened to everything I had to say,

Nicole from work came by to visit. She brought her daughter Alexis. It was sweet of them to stop by as I had been up there alone all day. Later, Jackie came by and brought me some soup and snacks. She always helps me out when I need it most. Thank you God for putting her in my life. Thank you Jackie for putting up with me all these years!!!! You help keep me sane.

NP Val stopped by. She was not working tomorrow so she wanted to come see little man and give us some general information. It was very helpful. We will certainly miss her.
Well, I am headed into night #2 and I am exhausted. I am going to sleep now but will update tomorrow.

2 comments:

miss v said...

glad to hear it's going well! i'll miss ya at work, so keep blogging so i can keep up!

Anonymous said...

Dear Rosenada,Nilza here. Loved your story. Glad to hear you are doing well and your mother instincts got it covered. Sorry to hear the your older guy got scared when he got lost.
My Peter back on a nasal. Working on my website Whoops erased his story.. start all over. God bless.

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts