Many of you have been wondering how the progress on the house has been coming along. Well as of September 9th & 10th (days 30 and 31) we have the first floor almost complete. We were able to walk the house and know exactly what was what...kitchen, hearth, living room, office, dining room. It was pretty cool. I think there would have been more progress but we have been getting a LOT of rain. The news keeps reporting that we are getting the reminants of what is left over from the hurricanes. The funny part is that is only took 2-3 days to get this far.
We went on Wednesday Sept. 10th the pick out cabinets and get all that taken care of. This is the part I love and hate. I love it because I get to select all the things I want in a kitchen like the trash drawer, utensil drawer, spice rack, etc. The part I hate is when I get the pricing back and reality sinks in then I have go back and take out a lot of what I want. But hey....If we can splurge a little on "windows", we are NOT skimping on a functional kitchen. Besides, you don't make meals on windows! HAHA We have to have everything with the cabinets and appliances picked out, finalized and signed off on and to the builder by Sept. 24th if we don't want a huge setback. You better believe it'll be done!Thought I'd attach a couple pix to show the progress. If you want to see the full album, click New House '08 or go to Family Photos.







No comments:
Post a Comment