Well, the tech stopped to do something and while I waited for a minute, I moved my belly a little bit to see if she would kick a little more. The tech started looking a some more and she kept trying to get a good look (again) at the heart. I guess the baby moved positions enough that the tech could see the heart from another angle. That's when she was quiet and noticed fluid around the heart. She thought it was something the Dr. should see. So down the hall to his office we went. After about 15 min, he came by, saw me in the office, looked at my chart for 3 sec and said "I'll be right back." 5 min later, he came in shut the door and informed us that it doesn't look good. He said he usually only sees this kind of fluid when someone is close to delivery, not this early. He can't even say what he thinks the problem is. So he said he wanted me to see a perinatologist since they deal with high risk pregnancies as soon as possible like today. But the soonest I can get in is Monday morning. Dr said sometimes it could be caused by the baby's heart working too hard, but the bpm for mine are always in the 140s and 150s so that can't be it. He did say that it is a good sign that the baby is still measuring on target. I won't know anything else until my appt. So basically I will be waiting and praying. My mom had a prayer session with me tonight so I feel ok. Please keep us in your prayers that everything turns out ok and that this little one will continue to be the miracle that was brought into our lives from day 1. Thank you all so much!

Just wanted to update. Here is a pic the tech took for me. Looks like the baby wants to eat her fist since her hand is right by her wide open mouth. Just like mom....always wanting to eat! This one HAS to be a girl. Ha!







1 comment:
you are in my thoughts. hope everything goes well tomorrow.
Post a Comment