Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beautiful Songbird....fly away Home

I had been thinking about my good friend Shawndra Turner and have been meaning to give her a call. For those of you who don't know. Shawndra and her husband Doug and beautiful daughter Ella were our neighbors for years. Shortly after everyone moved, she was diagnosed with colorectal cancer. She had been fighting a long hard battle and did it with grace, dignity, and a wonderful sense of humor. I decided to text Doug to tell him we were thinking about him and although I wanted to see them all, I knew that recently all TPN and IV fluids were being stopped and the only thing that was being given was pain meds. They asked for time for just family. So I sent the text and he msg me right back. He said they were praying for Isaiah to get better. He also told me that his sweet Shawndra passed earlier today and that she is no longer suffering. As sad as I was to hear this, I was so happy that Shawndra is now in a place that is beautiful and she is happy, healthy, and painfree.

I know you all will pray with me that her family will have peace and comfort during this time. Also, if you have a moment, please read about her journey. You can find it by clicking on her name to the left on my blog. You can also click here: Shawndra Turner

May God bless and keep you, forever!
We love you!

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts