Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Shower.....Not so great news

I went to the Baby Shower that my co-workers threw for me. It was really nice. Everyone in the office was there. Even the guys were there along with their wives. It was wonderful and everyone was extremely thoughtful. My sister said it a couple weeks ago, "You have some very thoughtful people in your office." I'm glad they are there to take care of me since my family is not. I miss them. I'm just glad we all are still so close. Anyway. I got a lot of cute things. I will definitely be getting use out of everything. The cake and punch were outstanding. They even let me take the rest home....BAD IDEA! For those of you reading this...the cake is almost GONE! I did got lots of gift cards. I should definitely be able to get a lot of things I still need with them.

Thanks BCI! I appreciate each and every one of you. I was just glad you all came to support me. I can't wait for the rest of you all to come and meet my little one. In due time of course. I can't wait to have him back home. Thank you Debbie and AM for thinking of me and wanting to do this for me. It was so sweet and I loved it. I tried to be cute, but those shoes won't come out the closet anytime soon unless my feet shrink or the shoes get stretched. Haha!

Speaking of back home...not sure when that will happen. When I got home from the shower, Ant and MJ were in the driveway washing my car. MJ said...."Mommie, your car was really dirty so me and daddy are washing it for you." Gotta love that honesty! It was a gorgeous day. Shortly after getting in the house, the phone rang. It was Dr. Carlson, Isaiah's Cardiologist. She told us that he looked really good. Still didn't know what he had but she did say that when the PICU performed the echo, another hole was discovered. It is called a VSD (Ventricular Septal Defect). Meaning there is a hole between the right and left ventricles. It's probably been there the entire time but since the pressures between the right and left sides had been equal, there was no flow between them. Now that the pressures are no longer equal, blood is flowing from the left to the right. This hole actually requires open heart surgery. There are two problems...1: Isaiah is not strong enough for an open heart surgery. 2: When they close the PDA, the possibility of the left chamber pushing blood to the right chamber could be enough to flood the lungs with blood which would lead to heart failure. So, they have decided on a temporary fix. When they go in to do the PDA, they will place a band around the pulmonary artery to restrict the amount of blood flow to the lungs. This way, he can grow and mature the lungs over the next couple of years. So when the lungs are stronger, he would then have the open heart surgery. Antwan and I were both on the phone with Dr. Carlson so we heard it together. We were also told that his surgery would probably be pushed back as well since he's sick.


Our little man is just getting hit with one thing after another. But he's such a fighter. Always has been. I visit everyday and will do so as long as I'm not sick and I don't feel like I'm neglecting MJ. Isi was moved to the cardiac unit today. He's out of ICU!!!!! Also, the hunt for a nanny continues. We ask that you continue to keep us uplifted in Christ.

Love you all!
Team Piggott

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts