Yesterday was my friend Shawndra's funeral. It was beautiful. Pastor Beauchamp made us laugh; he made us cry; but most of all, he reminded us to live and love! I didn't think it would be as hard on me as it was. Maybe with all this stuff going on with Isaiah, it was just a lot to take in. I know Shawndra is in a much better place. I just hope Doug is in that place as well...or will eventually get there. He now has the huge responsibility of raising precious little Ella. But he won't be alone in that journey. He has his family and friends to help him every step of the way.
What is God's Plan for us?
I couldn't even imagine having to raise my boys without Antwan. He's my rock and the King of our Castle. I sometimes think that it could be me going thru what the Turner's have gone thru. What if I got sick? What if Antwan got sick? Who would be there to help pick up the pieces? Can one of us manage everything without the other? I know I am not in control of our destination. Only God is. And whatever our future holds, I just know that I will do my best to cherish every day he gives me; not take anything for granted; and most of all LIVE, LAUGH & LOVE!
Thank you Shawndra for sharing your life with us. It was a pleasure getting to know you for the last 7 years. You were my friend and sometimes confidant. I enjoyed every conversation we had and will remember your beautiful smile, your infectious laugh and your wit.
I love you!
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







2 comments:
Such tender thoughts about your family brought about by your dear friend Shawndra....her journey touched so many people.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Your comments really do hit home with me. Going through my adoptions really taught me that God is indeed in charge of our lives, not me! And to imagine going thru life w/o a spouse scares me, too. My rock, my friend, how would I do it?? Thanks for giving us all a reminder. Yes, you are in an extremely emotional place in life. Allow yourself to feel these emotions. Know my prayers remain with you all!
Post a Comment