Monday, March 23, 2009

Homeward Bound

I got the call this morning that Isaiah would get to come home. I was so excited I could hardly stand it. I called Antwan to let him know. He's away on business so I would have to manage this one on my own. I needed to make arrangements for Micah. I didn't want to have to police him at the hospital while trying to get discharge orders so I dropped him off at school. I didn't tell him that I was going to get Isi. I just said I had a surprise for him and that I needed to run some errands. Also that if I wasn't done then I would have either his buddy's dad, AM or Debbie pick him up. He was fine with that.


After dropping him off, I went over to Wal*Mart to get Isi's swing that was shipped there. I went home, put it together then headed up to the hospital. It took longer than expected as I had questions about his meds (which I still do for one). Also, fortifying his milk was still up in the air as they had changed it several times while there. The nurse sent his scripts down to the pharmacy so all I would need to do was swing by and pick them up. I fed him right before leaving then we headed out. I was going to miss most of the nurses, but not some. Not happy about some of the care he received. But we were headed home so I didn't have to worry about him being not cared for properly anymore.

We get home and MJ arrives with Debbie about 15 min later. I had him close his eyes then guided him to the family room. When he opened his eyes, he say Isi. He was so excited! It was too cute. He immediately went to the bathroom to wash his hands and took his shoes off. AM came by about 10 min later. So while here, they helped me get a bottle, meds and food ready for the boys. I certainly will have to get back into the swing of this again. But I only have 1 week to do it. I will be headed back to work next week. I sure will miss my baby. At least grandma will be here to help out for a few weeks.

I will keep you all posted on how we are doing. Please continue to pray for us.

Thank you all

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Isi, I love Isi, I love Isi!

Anonymous said...

I love MJ, I love MJ, I love MJ!

Tiffany said...

YAy! So glad to hear Isaiah got to go home. I'm sure it is a relief for you, can't wait to see that little guy!

Mommy P said...

I'm thinking about you and hope your transition home is a good one! I just found your blog and now have to go read up on Isi since our sudden departure from the NICU in Jan.

- Greyson's Mom

Mom who hates stupid people said...

So glad you made it home. I will give you a call next week and bring over dinner one night. Call if you need anything.

Lisa

Shannon said...

Im so happy for you guys!

Natalie said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! I'm so excited you signed up to follow my blog because I was feeling sad I'd lost your info. Now I can hunt you down forever :) So glad you're finally home!

A said...

So glad he's home! Hope your week has gone well for you!

Ashley said...

my email is amlvbny@aol.com my son eli was born at OPRMC and in the nicu for 13 days he was born 9/24/08

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts