So we went out to the house today. We met with the landscaper about different ideas and what I wanted to see. He had some good suggestions and will draw up some plans for us to look over and consider. We'll see what I like and don't like. I am pretty particular about what goes in, how it looks, maintenance, etc.
After that meeting, we met with the guys who will be staining my hardwoods. I told them I wanted walnut stained floors or something dark like that. He showed me his four darkest stains and I choose from there. We selected the walnut stain (the one in the shape of an L.) I think that since the island is walnut and the rest of the cabinets are walnut and cherry, this was the best look. At least I like it.
They were going to get started after we left. They began by sanding the floor to even them out and fill in any spaces, etc. Then they vacuum the dust and wipe the floors down (wash them with water) to remove any excess residue. I heard that their machine broke so they would have to come back tomorrow (12/6/08). They would apply the stain, then start sealing it - which would be 3 coats of sealant. We won't be able to go back in the house until Tuesday. The tile on the floor will be put in next week when the floors are done, then the lights the week after that. We are down to picking out carpet then we're done. Walk through and touchup and we will get to move. I am SOOOOOO ready to get out of this apt. I can't stand it! Click here for updated pix of the house or click on the link to the left.







No comments:
Post a Comment