So tonight, I went to the hospital. I stopped on at the Mother and Baby Unit because the daughter of the owner of the company had her baby yesterday. I wanted to just stop and say hello. Her family was there. She had a little girl and she is a cutie.
So after that stop, I went upstairs to see my little guy. The nurse told me things were still ok with Isaiah. They had weaned his oxygen down to about 39% at one time. They also were able to turn down the Nitric Oxide to 9 and were going to try to decrease down to 8. She's thinking the Decadron is probably helping since they are able to come down on settings. As long as Isaiah is not moving a whole lot, he stays pretty stable (his vitals stay up). There are times he tries to pick his head up off the bed and tries to turn his head. When he does, the tube in his mouth moves around and it agitates him so his heart rate drops to like 40 or something. But he does recover pretty well on his own now.
Now for the exciting part. The nurse told me he had a feed this evening. I asked her what she meant. She said, they gave him 3cc's of my breast milk. They are trying him out on it to see if his system can handle it. I was so happy, I could have screamed. I heard her say they were going to do this every 8 hrs but I forgot to ask her what times this was to be done. I'll check with her in the morning. Anyway, can you believe it? He had my milk. I'm over the moon. I was also able to give him a little pacifier. It was sooooooo cute to see him sucking on it. Not sure how he does it with that tube in his mouth but he does it. I'm just going to pray that he remains stable and continues down this particular path.
Well, I'll update again soon. Night everyone.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Welcome to our world!
We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts
Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!
Enjoy your visit!
The Piggotts







No comments:
Post a Comment