Anyway, he had a pretty good day. I got to change his diaper again! How fun. I also got to watch to see how he is fed. The feeding tube-where he gets his TPN-is used. They take the syringe that has my milk in it, then hang it from the top of his isolette. It is then allowed to just go down the tube which leads directly to his belly. It is so weird, but just knowing it's my milk makes me happy. They are just priming his belly to be able to handle food so it's not really providing a great deal of nutrition at this point. But hey, it is what it is. :)
Changing his diaper
Getting his 12 AM feed
His bandages are off and I see the stitches on either side of his chest where the tubes had been. My baby will have so many battle scars. It will always be a reminder of what he went thru and how hard he fought. He is being weaned from the blood pressure meds and his NO drip is down again, from 10 to 9 and they were making their way down to 8! This little guy is truly a fighter. I am still praying he continues to have good days like this. The nurse mentioned they were tossing up the idea of taking him off the vent and putting him on the C-Pap machine which is a step down. That would be so awesome if it happens.







2 comments:
I'm so glad you are having some good days. I have been praying that little Isaiah will continue to be strong. It is great he is able to get some of your milk, no matter how he gets it.
Give me a call when you get a chance. I know you are busy but I need your address so I can send you your Christmas card.
Lisa
another good day is a blessing. how awesome. i'm glad there are small positive changes along with way...
we miss you at work!
Post a Comment