Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas!

This morning, Micah woke up and found that Santa had visited. He was so excited. The question of the day was "How did Santa get in?"



This had him wondering exactly what kind of magic Santa actually had. He got some clothes but wasn't that happy about it. He just wanted toys. Of course, that's what we didn't want to get. He has so many now that we can't keep up with them. Santa did bring him a racetrack and of course that's the first thing he wanted to play with.


We went to our friends house for an early dinner. All I can say is...YUMMMMMMM-O. We had a great time--good food, good friends, good conversation. Who could ask for more? Later we went to see some family. Hadn't seen most of them in a long time. SHAME ON ME! They live in KC and I can't go across the state line to see them? I'm pitiful. My New Year's resolution is to be better with seeing family. Not sure how much I'll be able to do that right off with going back and forth to the hospital. That's where I spend most of my time. But hey, Never hurts to try. Here are a few pix from that visit. By the way, Micah took most of these pix. My little photographer.



Earlier in the day, I called the Dr. to see how little Isaiah was doing. He was doing well and was up to 10cc's of milk every 3 hrs. I still feel he really wants to eat. And he was moved to a "big boy bed". One of the ones without a warmer or scale. His NO is still being weaned as well as his morphine. Good job little man. I spoke to his nurse about what happened the previous night. It just happened that it was one of my favorites. He told me that Isaiah was not at the point that he can be left for long periods and any nurse that has him should not be assigned any other babies outside of his lane. He also said he would speak with the charge nurse to tell her this. I appreciated it so much. He makes me feel at ease and I know when he's on duty, Isaiah is definitely in good hands! Antwan went up later to see him.

I felt I was coming down with a cold and tonight, it finally hit. My body just was wore out. I came home, told my mom that her and Antwan needed to deal with Micah, I took off my clothes and got in the bed. I took my temps periodically while trying to get to sleep. It got up to over 100 at one point. I was cold, but my body was extremely hot. Micah said I felt like fire. Boy did I need that.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts