Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Improvements and changes

This morning, Antwan went up to the hospital to see the baby. He reported back that Isaiah was doing well. I told him I would be up later after running en errand. I was at home most of the day. I went out for a few errands then came home.


Later in the day, I went to the hospital. I got there before 4pm hoping to get to talk to the Dr. Antwan met me up there. When I arrived, I went to his room and as I was entering, the nurse stopped me and said, "Don't look!........Just kidding." Then she took me to his bed and asked what I saw that was different. He was no longer on the c-pap machine. He is now on the high flow nasal cannula. I was so excited. This is another step down in artificial assistance. He seems to be doing really well.





Antwan finally got there when I was pumping and about 20 min later, the Dr. came in to talk to us. She went through everything. First off, ISAIAH DOESN'T HAVE NEC! Blood tests and x-rays show things are normal. Not sure what was going on but the tests did point to him fighting off something. Thus they are continuing the antibiotics. He is on a drug to help his billiruben levels as well as starting back on feeds. They are starting low at 5cc's every 4 hrs. Dr. Schooley would like to introduce milk to his mouth-but they have to do it slowly. She also said they are weaning his morphine and it will be gone soon. They will need to watch for withdrawl symptoms. They are also weaning the Decadron and will switch to the lower dosing steroid - hydro cortisone. Lots of changes!


After I FINALLY finished labeling my milk, it was time for diaper change and feeding. I guess little man had a really good bm because Antwan all of a sudden felt he just couldn't do it. Luckily, I had a tickle in my throat and needed to get something to drink so daddy was on his own. By the time I got back, he and the nurse had conquered the poo but not before Isaiah tinkled all over his blankies! After the change, he was fed, then Antwan held him for a little bit. Isaiah looks so dwarfed in his arms. The site is just too cute.


Thanks for all the prayers and for the support shown every step of our journey! Everyone is really appreciated!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet pics of that cutie!

miss v said...

yay! that is great news, girl! happy 2009!

treyandbecky said...

Amen! That is awesome news! We'll keep praying that Isaiah will continue to get stronger and improvements will continue! So happy to hear a negative on the NEC!

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts