Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's up with the head?


Antwan and I just got back from the hospital. We went up about 9:45. When we got there, we immediately noticed he had an IV in his head. They said it was because he needed blood so it was better to put in the line because he already had the fluids going through his other lines. He is also supposed to get his double dose of decadron to get him ready for excubation. Antwan told them to call when they knew he was going to be switched so he could be there.


Anyway, he was ok when we got there, but was starting to get a little agitated. I asked the nurse when his last diaper change was. She said it was at 8pm. Since it was after 10, I suggested that he be changed again as he wets his diaper frequently. So I grabbed a diaper and began to change him. I lifted his little bottom and what did I see...an ever so tiny "smear" of a bowel movement. I was so excited I began clapping and jumping up and down. I've never been so excited to see meconium in my life. I also had her change his position to make him more comfortable. Dad did his part for the night by taking his picture.

I pumped while I was there and the nurse asked me if I could put my milk in 20mL syringes. Since he only takes 3cc's and is fed every 4 hrs, they are having to throw my milk out since it's in 2.5 oz bottles. They have to discard milk after thawing and it's been thawed for 24 hrs. It took me about 20-30 min to get everything in those syringes. With putting them in 20mL syringes, one will last an entire day. I pumped enough for the next 2 weeks. That is unless they start giving him more milk.

I didn't want to leave my little guy, but I was really tired and wanted to come home and try to rest. So we left. I'll keep you all posted on Isaiah's progress.

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts