Friday, December 19, 2008

Kangaroo Care

Hi everyone. Thought I'd update about our visit today. Nurse Val came in to see me. She gave an update on our little guy. He's still doing good. He has, however, developed a slight fever over the last 24 hrs so they are doing blood work to see if it is anything they need to be looking for. The CBC came back fine, but the other panel came back slightly elevated. This could be nothing, or it could be something that will need to be treated. They will rerun the tests early morning to see if things are still the same, better or worse. I just pray that it's nothing.

So I gave Val my update on holding Isaiah and she asked me if I did Kangaroo care. I said no and she said I could! So after I changed his diaper, he got one of his meds and the Respiratory Therapist came in to assist with the move. They unhooked him and quickly put him on my chest, then re-attached his tubes.


As you can tell, we both really enjoyed this time. I knew Isaiah was sound asleep because when I looked down, his little arm just slid right down my chest. The lights were turned off and this made for a lovely napping environment for mom. I did close my eyes and just imagined I was at home, in my own rocker, putting Isaiah to sleep in his room. How I long for the moment when that day will come. My mom just sat and watched us. (And snapped a few candids as well.) I held him for over an hour and it just felt right.

Antwan picked Micah up from school and brought him to the hospital to see his brother. We got a few pix of them (as best we could). Then my mom and I brought Micah home and dad stayed for some extra QT with Isaiah. We didn't make it home without stopping at Smoothie King first!



I realized how much we need this little guy in our life. I will never stop praying that he will get better so he can come home with us. As I type this, I have tears in my eyes because it hurts not to be able to just look over and see him next to me sleeping. My heart aches even more when Micah asks me when his baby brother is coming home, but I can't tell him when. I look at Isaiah's pictures and touch them like it's really him.

I don't know what I'd do without the support of my family and friends. Everyone keeps telling me how strong I am, but I don't see it sometimes. I just keep on because I have to. Life doesn't stop because of situations like this. I still have a beautiful son and loving husband that need me as much as I need them.

Well, it's late and I think my sleep mode has finally kicked in so I'm going to sign off for now. Headed to my bed to cuddle close to my sweet little MJ. He's part of what's keeping me sane now-a-days. Well as much as a 4 yr old can when they're not running you ragged and making you nuts...HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Beautiful pictures Seanda....

treyandbecky said...

Seanda,
I had no idea all of this was going on. I will add your family to my prayer group's prayer list. I'm glad you got to hold your little one, there really is nothing else like it!

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts