I guess from the title, you all already why I'm so excited! First off, Isaiah is now on a quadrupled dose of his Octreotide. This is the medicine that is supposed to help clear up the fluid that keeps dumping in his chest. The Dr's do see an improvement in the fluid accumulation--there's less! He was also moved from the oscillator to the ventilator. That is a step in the right direction. He seems to be holding his own lately. I'm so proud of this little guy. It's still hard to not be able to touch, hold or hear him. No changing diapers, and no eye contact.
Anyway, since Isaiah is now on the ventilator, his head can be moved in different positions. The nurse was making adjustments and took off a lot of what was on his face. He then was able to position Isaiah with his head straight up. This was the first full face shot I was able to see. I LOVED IT!!! I was truely able to see how beautiful my son was. He looks a lot like Micah. The only thing is since he has pretty much only been able to lie on the right or left side of his face, he has what they call "pancake head". It looks like something was placed on either side of his head and just squeezed together. But I don't care. He is still the most beautiful site I've seen this week. Along with my other baby...MJ. Just thought I'd share my gorgeous son with you all.







No comments:
Post a Comment