Thursday, December 25, 2008

Ticked

So, I made a trip to the hospital. Everything is well with Isaiah. His feeds were increased and he's up to 6cc's every 4 hrs. They increase by 1cc every 12 hrs. My baby doesn't want his milk by tube anymore...HE WANTS TO EAT! He sucks on his binky like there's no tomorrow. And don't let him grab your finger because it's going straight to his mouth.

Now that he's on the c-pap, I am beginning to hear him a little more each day. Still have yet to see his eyes open, but the nurses say he's starting to open them a little more each day. I guess I'm not there at the right times.

Antwan went up later and got to hold him. I wish I could have been there to see that. Hopefully the nurse got a picture of him. After the holding, Antwan called me to tell me he'd be home soon and that the nurse requested I pump to bring in fresh milk or pump at the hospital. I let him know I would be up later to do that. Well, when he got back to Isaiah's room, two nurses were in there bagging him. He had an extreme brady (heart dropped to between 40-50). Neither of the nurses was his. I was pissed because I found out that his nurse was all the way on the other side of the NICU taking care of her other baby. (She had been gone about 30 min). I wasn't mad because she was gone. A brady can happen even when the nurse is there. I was ticked because no one was around and even more so because I couldn't understand why they would give the nurse an assignment all the way on the other side of the NICU. Isaiah is not to the point that he can be left alone for long periods like that.

When I got up there at midnight, the mommy caregiver took over. He had been fed so I requested that his diaper be changed and he be repositioned. I know my son and I wanted him to be comfortable. I brought two receiving blankets from home to give to Isaiah and a little buddy snuggler with a Winnie the Pooh head. I also had her adjust the mask over his face. It was barely covering one of his nostrils. GEEZ! How do you miss something like that? Needless to say, I didn't want to leave him, but after 3am, Antwan was finally able to peel me away. At least we got to spend Christmas with our baby. It was time to go home to spend Christmas with our other baby.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments:

Welcome to our world!

We are glad you could stop by. This is a blog about the everyday occurrences in our lives. The good times and the bad; the happy and the sad; the down right ugly and the marvelously beautiful things. We will do our best to keep it updated.



Please feel free to leave your comments on the posts. We'd love to hear from you!



Enjoy your visit!



The Piggotts